Admission to the Program requires that applications:
Must successfully pass the Admission Exam (TEAS V). Acceptable
passing scores in each category are:
- Reading: 61.0% or higher
- Math: 50.0% or higher
- All four sections of the exam must be taken, there is no minimum requirement for Science and English Language
- Provide three professional references. At least one must be from a current or past employer. None may be from family members. Suggested references include: employers, co-workers, teachers, or guidance counselors. References from friends are discouraged.
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age and provide a birth certificate.
- Be a high school graduate from a High School accredited by that state's Board of Education or have a US GED.
- Have an interview with a member of the Practical Nursing Faculty.
- Maintain health insurance coverage throughout the program.
- Maintain current certification in Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers throughout the program.
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance Coverage throughout the program.
- Meet the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing "Good Moral Character Compliance" and "Good Moral Character Guidelines."
- Be subject to a CORI and/or SORI check.
- Meet health requirements of the program.